The S2 Robot and S2 GUI (graphical user interface) make it easy to learn programming concepts with simple click-and-place tiles. Making the S2 blink lights, move, play sounds, and interact with its sensors gives students a tangible cause-and-effect programming experience.
Why choose graphics?
Bright and engaging, the S2 is an ideal choice for 6th grade on up through university students and adult education:
- Approachable for first-time programmers.
- Flowchart-like images make the code logic easy to follow.
- No barriers created by prerequisite typing, reading, or spelling skills.
- Simple point-and-click tile placement prevents syntax errors.
What programming concepts are covered?
With the S2 GUI, students can discover and practice concepts common to most programming languages.
- Sequential instruction execution
- Infinite and counted loops
- Exiting loops
- Timed execution pauses
- If-then-else decision-making based on conditions
- Simple yes/no variable flags to set, check, and clear
- S2 Robot Tutorials (see "Getting Started with the S2 GUI" video tutorial)
- Scribbler GUI webhelp
- S2 Robot Educator Course
- Scribbler 2 Robot in the Parallax store