If you have a BASIC Stamp Boe-Bot Robot or Shield-Bot (Robotics Shield Kit for Arduino) and are thinking of making it into an ActivityBot, this list will show you what is involved. Unless you already have a Propeller Activity Board and a PING))) Ultrasonic Distance Sensor, it may be more economical to purchase an ActivityBot kit and enjoy having two robots. The choice is yours!
The chassis, metal hardware, and tail wheel are the same. In comparing the electronic component baggies, ActivityBot Refresher Pack supports 6 sets of IR emitter/receiver pairs compared to 2 sets for the other robot options, and also includes 2.2 k-ohm resistors.
All of these items are available now by contacting the Parallax Sales Team at email@example.com, or by calling 1-888-512-1024. Items with links are also available to purchase through the Parallax web store.
Parts Needed to Upgrade to ActivityBot
- (1) Propeller Activity Board WX (#32912)
- (1) 5-cell AA battery pack (#753-00007) - if you have a Boe-Bot
- (2) High Speed CR Servos (#900-00025)
- (2) Small Robot Wheel and Tire (#28114)
- (1) microSD Card (#32319)
- (1) ActivityBot Encoder Kit (#32501)
- (1) PING))) Ultrasonic Distance Sensor (#28015)
- (1) USB A to Mini-B Cable (#805-00006) - if upgrading from Arduino Shield-Bot
- (1) ActivityBot Refresher Pack (#572-32500) - Note: This pack contains additional items not included in the Boe-Bot Refresher Pack.
- (8) #4-40 Locknuts (#700-00024)
- (1) Parallax Combination Wrench (#700-10025)
Parts Not Needed for Upgrade
- Small Robot Chassis
- Parallax Screwdriver
- Cotter pin
- Tail wheel