This Learn project was written by a long-time Parallax friend and robotics enthusiast, Carol Hazlett. Most of the parts come from the BlocklyProp Starter Kit, but several components will likely require a trip to a local hardware store.
This can be made with the Blocklyprop Starter Kit with the addition of four 5/8-inch-wide springs, eight 4/40 screws 5/8 inch in length, eight 4/40 nuts and a flat base which can be made of plastic, wood, or metal. This project can be done in just a couple of hours and will be fun for everybody.
From the BlocklyProp Starter Kit (#32520):
- (1) - Memsic2125 Dual-Axis Accelerometer (#28017)
- (1) - 96 x 64 Color OLED Display (#28087)
- (1) - Piezospeaker (#900-00001)
- (2) - 220 ohm resistors (red-red-brown)
- misc jumper wires
- (8) - 4/40 5/8’s screws
- (8) - 4/40 nuts
- (4) - 5/8th X 1 ½ inch springs
- (1) - Wood or Plastic base material