Special thanks to long-time Parallax friend and contributor Carol Hazlett for this spooky Halloween project idea!
This is an easy-to-make window display for Halloween using the Propeller Activity Board WX, a speaker which will play wav files (I used a Veho), some RGB LEDs, and a 3D printed or store bought hollow Pumpkin.
Some soldering is required for the (#28085) RGB LEDs used in this project. Instructions assume the LED modules are fully assembled and ready to use.
- (1) - Parallax Propeller Activity Board WX (#32912).
- (3) - WS2812 RGB LEDs (#28085) Also available as a 10-pack.
- (3) - 3-pin extension cables, of lengths needed to connect the LEDs for your project.
- (1) - Veho 360 speaker (#900-00018)
- (1) - ActivityBot Speaker Mount (#725-32905)
- 3D printed platform for mounting pumpkin or you can make one from plastic, wood or heavy cardboard.
- My 3D printed platforms are here. (Thingiverse)
- Spacers and assorted screws, brackets, and nuts. I used 1” spacers for this.
- Diffuser for dampening the LEDs, may be 3D printed or made from other material such as paper or cloth.
- The ones I used can be found here. (Thingiverse)
- Small 3D printed hollow pumpkin head or one purchased from such sources as Hobby Lobby, JoAnn’s or Michaels.
- The pumpkin I printed is found here on Thingiverse. (Thingiverse)