Have you ever killed a servo? This animated servo spirit - spooky or sweet - might come back to haunt you! This project uses most of the parts in the Parallax Animation Kit - Limited Edition. Though it is and minimalistic and quick to put together, the approach and code are easy to repurpose for other projects.
This project shows photos from a spooky spirit with a single eyeball and streamer draped arms, and also an angelic spirit with gauze-draped wings.
- (1) Animation Kit - Limited Edition (#910-28088)
- (1) Propeller Activity Board WX (#32912)
- Thin, stiff wire for arms and legs (I used Whisker Wires, #700-00056)
- Plastic streamers, ribbons, or fabric
- Translucent white, hollow plastic eyeball, or a white ping-pong ball and markers
- Small plastic cylinder for a neck (I used an LED standoff)
- External power, such as a 7.5 VDC, 1.6 A supply (#750-00009)
- Electrical tape
- Silver sharpie for labeling electrical tape tags (or some other labeling stuff)
- Hot glue gun
- #1 Phillips screwdriver
- Diagonal cutters
- Soldering iron and solder
For your protection practice safe handling of sharp tools. When working with hot glue, and tools with moving parts, always wear safety glasses!