This project will show you how to build a 4-note musical instrument where you use tilt, rather than buttons or keys, to control the notes you play. A different LED will light up when each note plays. You can make this project on a Propeller Activity Board's prototpying area, or Propeller FLiP Try-it Kit's breadboard. If you are using the FLiP Kit, add extra features to your project on the open breadboard space.
- (1) Propeller development board option:
- Propeller Activity Board
- Propeller Activity Board WX
- Propeller FLiP + Try-it Kit breadboard
- (4) Any combination of LED colors
- (1) Piezo Speaker
- (1) 4-Directional Tilt Sensor (#28036)
- (4) 220 Ohm resistors
- (10) jumper wires
Propeller I/O Pin Assignments
- P1 - piezospeaker
- P4, P 6, P8, P10 - LEDs
- P14-P15 - 4-Directional Tilt Sensor
- Disconnect/turn off the power to your board (always prudent when building or modifying circuits).
- Use the schematics below to build the circuits on your board. Wiring diagrams are included for reference.
Power your Project
The sensor, LEDs, and piezospeaker use very little current. It is fine to power this project via the boards' USB cable only.
- Connect your board to your computer for programming.