Basic Analog and Digital is a tutorial for the BASIC Stamp microcontroller and Board of Education. It introduces the concept of Analog to Digital (A/D) or Digital to Analog (D/A) conversions, and how they enable you to both measure and control values we deal with in everyday life: voltage, light level, frequency, etc.
You will learn commands in PBASIC for A/D conversion with resistor/capacitor circuits, interfacing an ADC0831 8-bit A/D converter, scaling analog outputs into meaningful digital values, analyzing time-varying signals, and using PWM as analog output. Available in print or as a free download.
- Basic Analog and Digital Text download page
- Stamps In Class Mini-Projects
- Basic Analog and Digital Parts & Text Kit in the Parallax store
Topics covered include:
- Building a comparator
- Building a simple digital DC voltmeter
- Building a resistive ladder network for D/A conversion
- Recording and displaying frequency and light data
- D/A conversion with pulse width modulation