This is a C language tutorial for the 8-core Propeller microcontroller. It features the Propeller Activity Board (original or WX version), but other Propeller development boards will work.
What it's about
This tutorial shows you how to use more than one of the Propeller microcontroller's eight processors (called cores or cogs) at a time. You will learn how to write a function specifically so it can be launched into another core.
Before you start
Library Alert! These lessons require Learn folder 2014-5-14 or later.
- Set up the SimpleIDE software and your Propeller board
- Update your Learn folder so you have the most current libraries
- Read Propeller Brains for Your Inventions for a quick intro to the multicore concept
- Try Propeller C - Start Simple if you are new to the Propeller microcontroller and/or C programming
- Try Propeller C - Functions so you are ready to launch functions into other cores.
After you finish
You will be able to write functions to run in other cores. You will also know how to pass data between processes running in different cores. You can use these techniques for application code, or for writing your own libraries.
- Follow the links below to get started.