What it's about
A function is a little piece of reusable code designed to do a specific task. This tutorial will show you how to use functions, pass information to them, and get information back from them. It shows you how C functions work with the Propeller's memory and multiple cores.
Before you start
- Set up the SimpleIDE software and your Propeller board
- Update your Learn Libraries
- Try Propeller C - Start Simple if you are new to the Propeller microcontroller and/or C programming.
After you finish
Once you are done here, you will be able to understand how functions are used in these tutorials' example code. And, you will be ready to write functions to use in your own projects. You will be well-prepared for:
- Simple Circuits - blink lights, monitor pushbuttons, make beeps, and more
- Simple Devices - try sensors, record data, play WAV files, read a joystick, and more
Just follow the links below to get started!