Prepare your Shield-Bot
- Build and test your BOE Shield-Bot, following at least Chapters 3 and 4 in Robotics with the BOE Shield for Arduino.
- Build and test the infrared LED/receiver circuits from Chapter 7, Activity 1.
- Download the IR Remote Shield-Bot Arduino Code
- Put the robot's 3-position switch into position-0, and disconnect the power cable.
- Connect the Arduino programming cable, and run the ony_IR_Shield_Multi_Bot code.
- Disconnect the programming cable and put your BOE Shield-Bot on the ground.
- Reconnect the power cable, and put the power switch into position-2.
Prepare your IR Remote
- Configure the universal remote to be Sony-compatible, using the instructions that came packaged with it.
Important! The remote you are using MUST be configured to send Sony-compatible infrared signals.
The Arduino code provided for this project makes the BOE Shield-Bot recognize Sony IR remote signals only! For example, the BRIGHTSTAR universal remote sold by Parallax is programmed by holding the SET-UP button down until an LED on the remote lights up, then entering the code 605. Different models of remotes may use different codes and configuration methods. Check your remote's docs!