Meet the ActivityBot
This compact, zippy robot matches a multi-core Propeller microcontroller brain with great hardware:
- Versatile Propeller Activity Board (original or WX version) perched atop our classic, sturdy aluminum chassis
- Custom-made High Speed servos
- Optical encoders and wheels with secure O-ring tires ensure straight straightaways and consistent maneuvers
- SD card for datalogging and file storage
- Electronic components for building navigation systems using touch, visible light, infrared light, and ultrasonic sensors
What It's About
This tutorial is about building the ActivityBot robot and programming its 8-core Propeller microcontroller brain using the text-based C language. By following these pages step by step, you will learn to:
- Assemble and wire up your robot
- Set up the SimpleIDE programming software
- Find the special C libraries and example code just for your ActivityBot
- Write simple programs in C for the multi-core Propeller microcontroller
- Program your ActivityBot to navigate with encoders
- Build sensor-based navigation systems for your ActivityBot so it can navigate on its own
One of these ActivityBot Robot Kit options from Parallax Inc:
Updates for ActivityBot 360° In Progress!!
Before You Start
To work with the ActivityBot, you will need the SimpleIDE programming software set up. Learning a little about the Propeller microcontroller and practicing some programming before diving into robotics is also a good idea. Complete these short tutorials before you start:
- Read Propeller Brains for Your Inventions
- Be software-ready with Propeller C - Set Up SimpleIDE
- Try some programming with Propeller C - Start Simple
- Expand your programming skills with Propeller C - Functions
After You Finish
Once you've mastered the basics, you can mod your 'bot with your newfound skills.
If You Need Help
...we will help you! Email email@example.com or call 888-997-8267.
Ready to get started? Just follow the links below.