For this project, the BOE Shield-Bot is sporting a Ping))) Ultrasonic Distance Sensor and Mounting Bracket Kit to look both ways before crossing the street. Your Shield-Bot can get ready to roam too, with these instructions and example code.
- (1) - Fully assembled and tested BOE Shield-Bot (two options, choose one):
- Robotics Shield Kit (for Arduino), #130-35000 (also needs an Arduino Uno & programming cable - not included)
- Robot Shield with Arduino, #32335 (Arduino Uno & cable included)
- (1) - PING))) Ultrasonic Sensor + Mounting Bracket, #910-28015a
- (1) Optional holder for traveling staff and bundle:
- (2) - L-shaped Mounting Brackets, #720-00011
- (1) - 3/8" Flathead Screw
- (1) - 4-40 Locknut
- (1) - Bamboo skewer
- Fabric scraps
Any hardware (screws, locknuts, etc) we use either comes from our ShieldBot kit, can be purchased through Parallax.com, or can be easily found at any local hardware store.