This tutorial shows you how to drive your ActivityBot robot with an IR remote, using BlocklyProp programming. The only sensor needed is a single IR Receiver included with the ActivityBot Robot Kit. But, if your ActivityBot already has the PING))) sensor or Whisker switch circuits in place, leave them on and they can play too!
Before you Start
This is a bonus tutorial to follow BlocklyProp Robotics with the ActivityBot.
- (1) Sony-programmable Universal Remote (#020-00001) with batteries
- (1) ActivityBot robot*, fully built, calibrated and test-driven for basic navigation
- (1) Infrared receiver* (#350-00014)
- (1) 220 ohm resistor* (red-red-brown) (#150-02210)
- Jumper wires*
*These items are included with the ActivityBot Robot Kit (assembly required!)
- Have everything you need? Then follow the links below to get started.