Your Scribbler 3 robot has a built-in way to receive commands from any Sony-programmed IR Remote Control. The tutorials in this section teach you how to use BlocklyProp to create and fine-tune your programs for the S3 robot using a Remote Control.
You will need a window, or tab, open to the BlocklyProp website to follow along with these tutorials.
Before you begin, you should have already completed:
- Getting Started with BlocklyProp for the S3
- Lights and Sounds
- Simple Motion with Motors Blocks
- Navigating With Sensors
- Hacker Port Expansion
To complete these tutorials, you will also need:
- (1) Sony-programmable Universal Remote (#020-00001) with batteries (not included)
- (1) Infrared Receiver for Boe-Bot and Shield-Bot (#350-00039)*
- 200mm Female-Female Jumper Wires (#800-00062)*
- Poster tack putty or a small piece of double-sided foam tape*
*These items are for the final tutorial in this series, which requires external components be connected to the Hacker Port. The other tutorials can be completed with just a remote.