The power of multicore processing combined with the simplicity of beginner Propeller C Tutorials make it easy to get started, and also keeps the door open for graduating into increasingly challenging projects and real-world applications.
Why choose C with the Multicore Propeller?
Tutorials and community support make C an easy language to learn, from beginner to advanced.
- C language has libraries to simplify just about any programming task, for computers as well as microcontroller projects and applications
- C is the basis for derivative languages like C++, C#, Java, and PHP, and others; so, learning C makes it easier to branch out
- C programming is widely used for many computer science and engineering programs
- Many tech jobs require applicants to be C-language literate
- Our Propeller C Tutorials include custom beginner-friendly libraries and features for the multicore Propeller hardware
What programming concepts are covered?
- Basic input/output instructions for I/O interaction
- Serial communication including formatters for printing data to a serial terminal
- Variables, constants, math operators, and decision making
- Repetitive operations and counting with loops
- Array storage and indexing
- Functions to make code reusable
- Controlling and sharing data among multiple cores with the Propeller Microcontroller
- How to write C libraries