This chapter contains instructions for building and testing your BOE Shield-Bot. It’s especially important to complete the testing portion before moving on to the next chapter. By doing so, you can help avoid a number of common mistakes that could otherwise lead to mystifying BOE Shield-Bot behavior. Here is a summary of what you will do:
- Build the BOE Shield-Bot.
- Re-test the servos to make sure they are properly connected.
- Connect and test a speaker that can let you know when the BOE Shield-Bot’s batteries are running low.
- Use the Serial Monitor to control and test servo speed.
- Download Chapter 3 Arduino code
- Save the file to your desktop, and unzip it before using the sketches.
- Follow the links below to get started!
Code Update Notice
The Chapter 3 Arduino Code was updated on 11/15/2012. See the notice on this page for details.