This tutorial is the Legacy version, that supports the original ActivityBot with external encoders (#32500) and the ActivityBot 360° with Feedback 360° servos (#32600). If you or your classroom has only ActivtityBot 360° robots, go to BocklyProp with the ActivityBot 360° instead.
Dive into robotics, graphical programming, and electronics with the ActivityBot robot and BlocklyProp graphical programming! This tutorial will show you how.
What It Is About
This tutorial set will show you how to:
- Assemble your robot and wire up its motors and encoders.
- Make BlocklyProp graphical programs to control your robot.
- Build DIY sensor circuits on your robot enabling it to navigate on its own.
Along the way, you will learn some robotics, engineering, electronics, and programming concepts that you can apply to your inventions.
- One ActivityBot Robot Kit option from Parallax Inc:
- Computer with online access to the free BlocklyProp programming tool
- (5) 1.5 V AA batteries
Before You Start
Before you build and program your ActivityBot, follow these short tutorials to become familiar with Blockly and with circuit-building.
- Getting Started with BlocklyProp for the Activity Board WX
- Simple BlocklyProp Programs
- BlocklyProp Functions and Multicore
After You Finish
Once you have completed the entirety of these ActivityBot tutorials, you will be able to make your robot navigate on its own with different kinds of sensors. You will be ready to create new challenges for your robot and to add a variety of sensors and accessories to help with those challenges.