Hours to Complete: 1 - 1.5
Skills Required: PBASIC programming, circuit-building, reading schematics
Have you've ever wanted to thrill your family and friends with both your skill in electronics and in magic? If so, then the Magic BS2 Board is exactly what you need. Ask it a question, give it a little shake, and watch the answer appear magically before your eyes!
Disclaimer: Parallax Inc. takes no responsibility or liability for unwanted, untrue, or potentially slanderous answers. This project is intended strictly for entertainment purposes.
If you are new to the BASIC Stamp microcontroller or to programming, it would be a good idea to review the following before beginning:
- Review the GOSUB and RANDOM commands in the PBASIC Language Reference Webhelp
- Review the 4-Directional Tilt Sensor’s product documentation
(1) HomeWork Board with BASIC Stamp 2 (#555-28188)
····The BASIC Stamp 2 Board of Education is also suitable for this activity.
(1) 4-Directional Tilt Sensor (#28036)
(1) Parallax Serial LCD (#27977, #27976, or #27979)
(1) Servo/LCD Extension Cable (#805-00002)
(1) 3-pin header (#451-00303)
Optional Mounting Bracket Parts
(2) L-Shaped Mounting Brackets (#720-00011)
(6) 4-40 zinc plated nuts (#700-00003)
(4) 1/4" 4-40 pan-head screws (#700-00028)
(2) 1/2" 4-40 pan-head screws
(2) 1/4" round nylon spacers #4