The Parallax WX ESP8266 Wi-Fi module opens up a whole new world of interactive Internet and web features to your microcontroller and robotics projects. The breadboard-friendly, 5 and 3.3 V compatible SIP package (32420S) works well with the BASIC Stamp 2 microcontroller.
What it's about
- WX ESP8266 Wi-Fi Module, SIP (#32420S)
- Board of Education with BASIC Stamp 2, or
- BASIC Stamp HomeWork Board
- a pushbutton
- 220 ohm resistors
- Parallax standard servo
- Jumper wires
Before you start
This guide assumes you’ve already got some BASIC Stamp + circuit building experience along with PBASIC programming. If not, here are some nice getting started tutorials and a full reference on PBASIC.
- Getting started with the BASIC Stamp and robotics
- Getting started with the BASIC Stamp and circuits
After you finish
Once you have gone through this tutorial, you will be ready to integratre Wi-Fi capabilty into your BASIC Stamp projects to join the Internet of Things. If you have a Boe-Bot Robot, you can interface it with your smart phone.