Build the Circuit
Now, let's use the components to build the LED circuit on the breadboard.
- Use the animation with the instructions below it to build your LED circuit; the schematic for the circuit is shown on the right.
- Watch it a few times paying attention to how the schematic symbols displayed over the left terminal strip represent the actual part and wiring connections on the right.
- Optionally, view the led-circuit-dc-green.mp4 clip to play and pause it between steps.
- If the python.microbit.org online editor is connected, click the Disconnect button.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your computer.
- Plug the wire, resistor, and LED into the breadboard as shown.
- Plug each part into a socket correctly. Each part lead should sink into the socket by about 1/4" for proper electrical contact.