This tutorial shows you how an IR remote can drive your ActivityBot, using BlocklyProp graphical programming. The only sensor needed is a single IR Receiver included with the ActivityBot Robot Kit. But, if your ActivityBot already has the PING))) sensor or Whisker switch circuits in place, leave them on and they can play too!
Before you Start
- Complete the tutorial BlocklyProp Robotics with the ActivityBot 360°.
- Watch the video below to see what's in store.
- (1) Sony-programmable Universal Remote (#020-00001) with batteries
- (1) ActivityBot robot* (Original #32500 or ActivityBot 360° #32600), fully built, calibrated and test-driven for basic navigation
- (1) Infrared receiver* (#350-00014)
- (1) 220 ohm resistor* (red-red-brown) (#150-02210)
- Jumper wires*
*These items are included with the ActivityBot Robot Kits (assembly required!)
- Have everything you need? Then follow the links below to get started.