This tutorial shows you how to add an array of four QTI sensors to your ActivityBot. These sensors can differentiate between dark and light surfaces. With a BlocklyProp program, your ActivityBot robot can use the QTI sensors to follow a black electrical tape line on a light background.
Before you start
This is a bonus tutorial to follow BlocklyProp Robotics with the ActivityBot.
- A fully built and tested ActivtiyBot (#32500) or ActivityBot 360° (#32600)
- A QTI Line Follower AppKit (#28108)
- A 3/4 inch black line on a white surface. Options
- Print out this line-following tracks PDF on an inkjet or laser printer and copy paper (NOT with photo printing paper and ink)
- Make a track on white poster board, foamcore board, or a smooth, light floor with black electrical tape
After you finish
You will be ready to combine QTI line following with other sensors for more advanced projects, like ActivityBot 360° Line Following with Color Sensing.