Now we're ready to load each board with its corresponding code:
- Load the Joystick-C-code.side program onto the Activity Board with the Joystick circuit, then
- Load the XBeeMotor-C-code.side program onto the Activity Board hosting the Pololu board.
Check List & Troubleshooting:
- Double check your wiring one last time by going over the legend and cross checking it with the schematic.
- Verify both XBees are socketed in correctly with the angled edges facing away from the board.
- Make sure your XBee jumper wires are going from DO to pin 9 and DI to pin 8 on both boards.
- Turn both boards on and wait a few seconds for the XBees to initialize. The order in which you turn them on doesn't matter.
- Move the Joystick forward, backward, left and right and verify that the DC motors move accordingly.
If your motors are spinning in the wrong direction:
- You may have your leads reversed, try swapping the leads going into M2OUT2 and the lead going into M2OUT1 with each other. Do the same for M1OUT2 and M1OUT1.
- It is also possible that you have each pair of wires going to the wrong motor entirely, in this case try swapping each pair of wires onto the opposite motor.