It's time to program your ActivityBot! If you have done the prerequisite tutorials listed on the first page of this online book, then you already have a BlocklyProp account and some experience with programming your Propeller Activity Board. If not, you must get that done before moving forward. Here are the prerequisite tutorials:
BlocklyProp Programming Tool
BlocklyProp is a graphical online programming tool for the Propeller microcontroller.
- If you already have an account, go to blockly.parallax.com and sign into it now.
- Remember that you will also need to launch the BlocklyProp Client program on your computer.
- If you do NOT have a BlocklyProp account, complete this Getting Started with BlocklyProp tutorial and then return here.
Simple BlocklyProp Programs
It's a good idea to become familiar with the basics of BlocklyProp programming before trying to program your ActivityBot robot.
- If you have not done so already, complete the Simple BlocklyProp Programs tutorial and then come back here when they are finished.
BlocklyProp Functions and Multicore
This tutorial shows you how to build functions - reusable chunks of code - with blocks. Then, it explains what multicore means, and how to launch these functions into different Propeller chip cores so they can run at the same time. It's a powerful tool for robotics - one that is beneficial to understand before you go further.
- If you have not done so already, complete the BlocklyProp Functions and Multicore tutorial, then return here when you are finished.