In this step you will attach the battery holder to the chassis. Be gentle with the Nylon screws and nuts in this step. Don't overtighten.
Parts Required for each robot
- SumoBot Chassis
- Battery Holder, 4AA with barrel plug
- (2) #4/40 3/8" long Nylon flat-head screws
- (2) #4/40 Nylon nuts
- Stand the SumoBot chassis upside-down on its PCB mounting holes.
- Find the white Nylon screws and hex nuts. DO NOT USE METAL SCREWS FOR THIS STEP! Metal screws can nick the coverings of batteries, creating short circuits.
- Thread the screws through the battery pack, and then through the slots in the bottom of the chassis.
- Secure with the Nylon nuts VERY GENTLY. Do not over-tighten which will warp the screw heads.