The SumoBot WX features wheels with tires that seat squarely on the wheel rim. These custom molded tires are made from TPE55. This material is grippy but not too grippy, so as to not cause servo motors to simply stall in a wrestling match.
Parts required for each robot
- Partly assembled chassis (not shown)
- (2) Robot wheels
- (2) Molded Tires
- (2) black servo horn screws, saved earlier
- Stretch a molded tire over each wheel, and seat it squarely in place on the wheel rim.
- Press a wheel firmly onto each servo output shaft.
- Secure each wheel in place using the black servo screws saved earlier.