Need HELP??? If you get stuck, contact Parallax Tech Support: email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 888-997-8267 (USA only) or 916-624-8333. 8-5 M-F. Pacific Time. The BlocklyProp FAQ for Schools may also be of help.
What it's about
The Propeller microcontroller is the tiny computer chip brain on the Activity Board, Propeller FLiP module, and Hackable Electronic Badge. It can be programmed to make decisions, turn things on and off, read sensors, and do calculations. It is what makes your inventions come to life.
BlocklyProp is a fun, graphical way to build those Propeller programs, piece by piece, using blocks. It is an adaptation of Google's open-source Blockly tool.
If you have some experience with programming, robotics, or Blockly, that's great! But if you don't, do not worry, it is not required here. Either way, it's best to go through this introduction before moving on to other BlocklyProp tutorials or projects.
What you need to get started
- A Windows, Mac, or Chromebook computer with a USB 2.0 port
- A browser - Chrome is best, and Firefox works too. (Explorer and Edge are not supported).
- A Propeller development board plugged into your computer with its USB cable
- Activity Board
- ActivityBot Robot
- Propeller FLiP module on a breadboard
- Hackable Electronic Badge
- Propeller Project Board USB
- Follow the Getting Registered link below to get started!