Mounting the Tail Wheel Ball
For all ActivityBot robots.
Parts needed for this step:
- (1) Cotter pin (#700-00023)
- (1) tail wheel ball (#700-00009)
- needle-nose pliers - optional, not included
CAUTION - the ends of the cotter pin may be sharp! If you have needle-nose pliers, you can bend the cotter pin ends into a circle to tuck away the points. But be aware that this makes the cotter pin more difficult to remove in the future if you ever want to do that.
- Position the tail wheel ball in the arch in the back of the chassis so that its holes line up with the holes in the little tabs.
- Insert the cotter pin through the chassis mounting tab hole, through the tail wheel ball, and then through the other tab.
- Bend the ends of the cotter pins outwards to secure it in place.