What its about
This tutorial shows you how to convert a built Boe-Bot with BS2, or Shield-Bot robot with Arduino Uno, into a Python-programmable cyber:bot robot with a micro:bit module. It takes the place of "Build your cyber:bot" in the cyber:bot Tutorial Series.
Before you start
You will need these items:
- A Windows, Mac, or Chromebook computer with internet connection
- cyber:bot conversion kit (#32707)
- One of these complete robot kits, assumed to be assembled:
You will need to complete the following Prerequisite tutorials before assembly:
This Tutorial is for Board Rev C
- These instructions are for the cyber:bot board revision C. Open your kit and check your board revision using the images below.
- If you have a Rev A or B board, follow these instructions instead to build your robot. If you have a Rev C board, stay here. You are in the right place!
After you finish
Once your cyber:bot contstruction is complete, you will be ready to continue with the other tutorials in the cyber:bot Main Lessons. These use the electronic components in your original robot's kit. If you need replacements, the Small Robot Electronics Pack (#572-28132) is available separately.